Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update

It seems I've gotten a large-ish raise for this year, effective Jan 1 2008.

We've won a very large contract over a period of 3.5 years which shall keep us gainfully employed for some time. There is some discussion of cloning me.

I've started dancing regularly with the elderly at a nursing home for extra cash. Many people seem to assume this is sweet of me, and it's true it does seem to make the nursing home inmates happy. However, I do get paid for it. "The pay's the thing with which we catch the conscience of the king."

I'm supposed to present a paper in Las Vegas in Feb and am sweating pre-approval of it by the sponsor of the research at the moment.

My grandmother, at whose house I spent Christmas, passed away a few days after I returned, so I had to go back for the funeral. She was 91, however, and starting to not do well, so it's rather a blessing.

I note that inheritances are the devil among relatives.

Currently fighting some sort of chest cough or cold thing.

Yarha, Crap Flies Fast

No comments: